Tuesday, January 1, 2008

39 weeks and counting!

Today is my first official day of week 39. I'm so excited!
I'll try and catch up on what has happened these last two months!
I finished school 5 days before Christmas! It was a stressful time because I was starting to get extremely tired and studying for all of my tests and the final was killing me. But I did it! And I am totally finished with school. That is so amazing to say.
At work my boss switched me over from a Nurses Assistant to Monitor Tech/Ward Clerk. Which was so amazing because standing on my feet for 12 hours a day was really getting to my back. So basically I was processing all of the doctor's orders and admitts and surgery stuff.
My last day of work was December the 29th. I was so excited to be off and able to prepair and catch up on sleep. I came home to find My parents and Shawn and his parent's here and they all suprised me with my chair for Elijah's room. It totally give the nursery a cozy feel and I can't wait to put up his letter's that I had made for him.
And then......I got inredibly sick. Not fun! I think I had food poisoning. So basically on the 30th I was out all night and throwing up and it wasn't fun and I am still recovering from it.
Elijah still isn't ready to come into this world yet. And I am totally okay with that because had he decided that he was ready I would have had no energy to push that lil man out.
Shawn and I are going to have pictures taken tommorrow and finish packing our hospital bags. This is such a crazy time...it's so close and exciting.
Shawn has been amazing. He took care of me the whole time I was sick and stayed in with me on New Years Eve. And didn't complain that I passed out on him two mintues after it was 2008. Ha. He got me a dozen red roses and the magazine with Christina Aguilera's pregnancy photo's that I have been wanting. He has been so sweet and attentive. I'm blessed.
Well..it's a scattered update but my brain is in a million places right now! I will post some pics from christmas and the baby's room tonight! Hope all is well with everyone!!

5 comments:

Kyle, Chelsie and Jacob said...

Hey Nat! Your day is coming so soon! I can't wait to see pictures of your little man!
We found out the second week of December- I'm about 9 weeks along. We went to the doctor and got our first picture of the little peanut, we get to go back Jan. 8th!
I can't wait for you to have your baby!! We'll be praying for you! Love ya!

Amy said...

Oh how exciting! Can't wait to see that little guy!

Steve and Alie said...

You've done so awesome, Natalie and I couldn't be more proud of you for how you've balance a full time job, full time school and being pregnant all at once! You really are amazing and I'm proud of Shawn for being a support system for you during this exciting time in your lives. I can't wait to get the call and jump on a plane to come meet my little nephew. I love him so much already, and I'm sure I'm going to fall even more in love with him when I see his sweet face. I love you with my whole heart. Get better 100% okay? Rest as much as you can... And post pics of the updated nursery when you can! I can't wait to see it with the letters up and the cozy rocker. I love you, sissy...

Learning to Love said...

You made it until January!!! I remember the last few days before we had Pierce. Your whole world is about to change, but it is the most exciting change you will ever experience! There is nothing like being a mom! We can't wait to meet him.

Steve and Alie said...

Hey! Post pics of the comfy chair and the ELIJAH letters! I'm dying of suspense here!